The Hill House
An enquiry was made for a bench to be placed by Hill House, Helensburgh, Strathclyde.Â The Hill House is considered to be Charles Rennie Mackintoshâ€™s finest domestic creation.
The requirement was to make a one off commission from the â€œWoodstockâ€ range, but made using English Oak rather than Iroko timber.
The hand carved inscription required, was to be carved in Rennie Mackintosh script.
The bench was given 2 coats of clear preservative in order to minimise the build up of algae and lichens.
Yesterday the family went to Helensburgh and all loved the bench and the craftsmanshipâ€¦Â Thank you!
- A special commission for a 2.0m mediumÂ English Oak memorial bench
- Straight back and standard arms
- Hand carved inscription in Rennie Macintosh script
- 2 coats of clear preservative
- Delivered to Helensburgh using our own transport